The International Women’s Group meets on Friday mornings (during term-time) in the chapel (Fair Street entrance) from 10am to 12 noon.
We aim to reach out to international women of all religions and backgrounds and to offer:
• Friendship and hospitality
• An open and understanding environment to tackle culture shock and misunderstandings
• Help in adjusting to our culture
• Support emotionally and practically
• A place to meet others in a similar situation
• Information and fun
The meeting includes an informal social time in the back hall and then the children are taken care of while the adults enjoy either an informal talk and discussion or a craft or cooking demonstration. Sometimes one woman will share about her country and culture.
Normally there are between 20 and 40 women. Babysitting and refreshments are provided, for which £1 contribution is requested to help cover costs.
For more information contact Debbie Hardyman via the Church Office.
View the IWG programme on the website calendar.