Life raises a lot of questions, doesn’t it? And often the answers that Christianity offers just raise even more questions!
With the live event now concluded, here are some resources relevant to the questions covered at Ask Anything:
Further recommended reading:
- Confronting Christianity: 12 Hard Questions for the World’s Largest Religion by Rebecca McLaughlin
- Chapter 1: Aren’t we better off without religion?
- Chapter 2: Doesn’t Christianity crush diversity?
- Chapter 3: How can you say there is only one true faith?
- Chapter 4: Doesn’t religion hinder morality?
- Chapter 5: Doesn’t religion cause violence?
- Chapter 6: How can you take the Bible literally?
- Chapter 7: Hasn’t science disproved Christianity?
- Chapter 8: Doesn’t Christianity denigrate women?
- Chapter 9: Isn’t Christianity homophobic?
- Chapter 10: Doesn’t the Bible condone slavery?
- Chapter 11: How could a loving God allow so much suffering?
- Chapter 12: How could a loving God send people to hell?
Further reading around following Jesus and same sex attraction:
- To hear first hand from a gay man about what it’s like to become a follower of Jesus:
- Or for those who are already convinced that the Bible is trustworthy and want an honest, thoughtful and compassionate exploration of what it actually teaches about same sex attractions:
- People To Be Loved: why homosexuality is not just an issue by Dr Preston Sprinkle
Further reading around heaven/the new creation, the resurrection of Jesus:
- What Kind of Hope: how Jesus changes everything by Michael Ots
Further reading on the trustworthiness of the Bible:
- Why Trust The Bible?: answers to 10 tough questions by Amy Orr-Ewing
Further resources on the relationship between God’s creation of the world and evolution:
- Creation or Evolution – Do We Have to Choose? by Denis Alexander
- Christians in Science resources on creation
A blog exploring the issue of embryonic cell-line use in vaccine production: