For babies and children up to the age of 11 (year 6). Children are very welcome at our Sunday morning services, and during the second half of the service there are 7 different Discovery Club groups which children can attend.
- Crèche is available for babies throughout the service, and for younger children up to the break in the service. Parents are welcome to stay with their babies or rejoin the service. There are nappy changing facilities in the creche and plenty of toys for your baby to play with.
- Hoppers is for children from 18 months to age 3. We meet in the front section of the back hall. We listen to a Bible story, sing songs, do a simple craft and play together.
- Scramblers is for children from age 3 to when they start school. We meet in the rear section of the back hall. Our lessons tend to be short and usually consist of a Bible story, some songs and a craft activity. There is always time to play aswell before the service ends.
- Climbers is for children in Foundation year ( 4-5 year olds), and meets in room 4 upstairs.
- Explorers is for children in Years 1 & 2 ( 5-7 year olds), and meets in room 3 upstairs.
- Searchers is for children in Years 3 & 4 ( 7-9 year olds), and meets in rooms 1 & 2 upstairs.
- Pioneers is for Years 5 and 6 ( 9-11 year olds) and meets in the church office.
In Discovery Club we aim to welcome and look after the children in our care. We aim to teach them about God from the Bible in an age appropriate way, using a range of crafts and activities to reinforce the lesson. We use material from a variety of resources including “Click”, “Go Teach” and “TnT.”
If you are a regular attender at Eden and are interested in teaching or helping in Discovery Club, please contact our Children’s Worker Sara Reid. Please note that all teachers are subject to a DBS check and references will be taken.